OPERATION PAVE THE WAY
Thank You for showing interest in ARCA's fundraising
campaign called "Operation Pave the Way!"
READ ON! (this page is under construction)
Background – Austin Radio Control Association
Austin Radio Control Association (ARCA) joined the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) and became a sanctioned club in 1972. Before moving to 8705 Lindell Lane, 78724, (current location) it was located in Zilker Park.
Our Association is committed to carrying out the AMA vision of promoting science, technology and safety in RC Aeronautics. ARCA is heavily bound to the philosophy of providing a fellowship and mentor/mentee based environment for youths and young adults interested in exploring that vision for future personal development and career growth.
During our history, several youth members have been directly impacted by the club environment through mentorship and learning, leading to highly successful careers in;
- The US Military Services (Army, Navy & Air Force)
- General and Corporate Aviation
- The Airline Industry
- Aerospace, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
We continuously support the Austin community, churches, various charities, schools, local businesses, Austin Police Department, Austin Fire Department and the University of Texas Engineering and Aerospace programs.
ARCA is a 501(c)(7) organization that is 100% self-funded through airshow events, fundraisers, donations and membership dues. These streams of continuing revenue, allow the club to perform needed maintenance and improvements. Our membership base is 100% volunteer.
- ARCA’s annual income is heavily dependent on revenue generation from annual membership dues and airshow events.
- The Association’s average annual net income is under $3K. (last 5 years)
- The Association has seen strong income and membership growth within the last 3 years.
- ARCA’s airshow events make up an average 65% (last 5 years) of the club’s annual income and are 100% volunteer run.
- The Association has seen dramatic public attendance at airshows directly related to social networking, word of mouth and local news broadcasts, along with industry changes.
(last 5 years)
- ARCA is the only AMA sanctioned club in the Austin area that has a proven structured training for new and existing pilots.
Tell me more...
Back to the home page